In episode 134 Alan and Jason discuss 9 values dad can teach their kids. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Respect – Have respect for other people, yourself, and things around you.
2. Honesty – Tell the truth. Sometimes it’s really hard, to tell the truth.
3. Being Polite – Say please and thank you.
4. Responsibility – Daily tasks such as brushing teeth and doing homework without being reminded teach responsibility.
5. Patience – Not everything happens quickly. It can take a long time for things to come about.
6. Gratitude – It’s the secret to happiness
7. Don’t Give Up – Quitting will not get you where you want to go.
8. Love – Allow them to express their emotions. Give them hugs, kisses, and say I love you often.
9. Empathy – The most important element in getting along with others.